Kathryn Jones MSW, RSW
I am a registered social work counsellor certified in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). I completed a Master of Social Work degree and a Master of Art, Religion and Culture degree from Wilfrid Laurier University. My practice is enriched by both professional training, and personal experience.
Every individual has the inner wisdom and strength to grow and heal emotionally. My passion is to walk with individuals as they work towards creating the lives that they desire.
As a counsellor, I strive to provide a safe, inclusive environment for every person I see. I use techniques and tools which may help individuals:
- Manage symptoms of anxiety, depression, and emotional distress
- Set healthy goals
- Build resilience after trauma
- Gain self-confidence
- Seek healthy relationships
- Develop a self-care practice
- Recover from toxic relationships
- Process trauma and abuse
- Grieve losses
- Identify defeating thoughts and beliefs
- Let go of painful past experiences
- Accept changes in emotional and physical health
I have worked with diverse individuals who have experienced:
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Mood and Personality Disorders
- Eating disorders
- Stress related to school, work, relationships, finances, etc.
- Chronic pain
- Substance abuse
- Grief and loss
- Low self-esteem/self-confidence
- Unhealthy or abusive relationships
In addition to using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, I use techniques from Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT), Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Mindfulness.
It would be a privilege to journey with you as you grow and heal.